5 Proven Ways + 3 Examples
As defined by our customers (global manufacturing companies, process and reliability engineers and maintenance teams), successful outcomes of our custom engineering process are system installations that are:
- For Decades of Reliable and Precise Performance with Minimal Maintenance.
Over 5,000 rotary drying system installations and hundreds of repeat customers have used Louisville Dryer equipment as a core to their business operations. With that proven experience, following are:
Examples of Outstanding Dryer Longevity
1. Your Process Dictates our Technology:
2. Your Service Requirements Drive our Mechanical Design:
We routinely bring operational needs from concepts to design to production – considering your production requirements and process parameters, material characteristics, site and environmental conditions, and so much more.
3. Your Products are Thoroughly Tested in our Testing Lab:
When our customers request our advice on the most effective processing solutions for their specific application, we implement pilot scale testing in our own in-house lab to assess their material performances and outcomes with live test data and analysis.
4. Your Equipment is Custom Manufactured in our own ASME-accredited Facilities:
Louisville Dryers are fabricated by our expert craftsmen who build dryers every day. Each dryer has a highly specific written inspection and test plan and quality control assessments. What makes a very large piece of rotating equipment reliable is not only the structural integrity of its design, but the precision with which it is fabricated and assembled.
5. We provide Professional Field Installation and Commissioning Support:
Our professional rotary equipment installation technicians ensure that each Louisville Dryer is properly delivered, assembled, aligned, and secured on its foundations. The service and maintenance life of any piece of rotary equipment is not based solely on the design and quality of the equipment – but also on the precision in which each component is installed, aligned and performance-tested, and on the thoroughness of the operational and preventative maintenance training provided to your team.
Examples of Outstanding Dryer Longevity
As you can see, it is no surprise that the individuals and companies operating these units are extremely pleased with the results from our dryer systems which operate campaigns, often for months and even years with minimal maintenance or issues.
Success Stories about the dryer longevity our clients have enjoyed:
1. One owner-operator processed highly abrasive materials. We reengineered their system’s components to extend the life from a few months up to years. As one measure, we installed abrasion-resistant cast flighting and chrome carbide liners inside their unit to achieve exceptional performance and longevity.
2. As another demonstration of success, a large chemical processing company requested that we perform an extensive FEA (finite element analysis) of a rotary unit which they needed to operate under full load for a five-year period without shut down for maintenance.
3. As another example, in recent years a company asked Louisville Dryer to evaluate the potential replacement of rotary dryer units in their processing plant. Their units had been operating dependably for decades and decades. Yet this was a complex project as their building had been constructed around the units, plus there was a river on one side of the building.
Louisville Dryer was pleased to assist the customer change-out their units with new shells, drives and bases. And it was not surprising that they selected new Louisville Dryer units since their original/legacy units had also been manufactured and installed by Louisville Dryer – in 1943 – providing over 70 years of reliable operation!
Longevity in Motion
Louisville Dryer custom engineered systems routinely deliver what our customers need and expect:
On-Time, On-Budget, for Decades of Reliable Precision Performance with minimal maintenance.
We provide The Lowest Cost per Revolution for Your Team. Contact us today to learn how.