The Process Advantages of Direct-Fired Dryers
Here are some process advantages for Direct-Fired Dryers:
• Rugged design well suited for handling high process rates of inorganic materials such as aggregate, sand, and foundry waste.
• Uses all three forms of heat transfer.
• Due to the lifting design and hotter gas temperature, direct fired dryers can accommodate high moisture materials with smaller air pollution control system demands than other competing technologies.
• Allows for greater production rates with the most efficient use of fuel.
• Can accommodate high-temperature heating for processing materials beyond just moisture removal.
• Greater ability to handle upset conditions occurring upstream.
• Creates an effective flashing off of moisture while maintaining a steady increasing product temperature.
• Offers two modes of operation with individually separate benefits (counter-current vs. co-current).