Process Advantages of Direct Heat Drying
1) Rugged design is well suited for handling high tonnage inorganic materials such as aggregate, sand and foundry waste.
2) Due to the lifting design, DHD dryers can accommodate high moisture organic materials such as distillers’ dried grains, wood, and waste sludge.
3) The rotating system and temperature control allow for mixtures of inorganic and organic materials which are found in recycling systems such as paper and glass.
4) Capable of handling hotter inlet gas temperatures than competing technologies, which results in increased thermal efficiency and smaller air pollution control (APC) systems.
5) Greater ability to handle upset conditions occurring upstream.