Safety is Important to Us.
THE LDC SAFETY COMMITMENT
We believe that a safety culture consists of shared beliefs, practices, and attitudes that exist in a company. We believe that the most important link in our safety chain is YOU: our employees and our customers. We achieve this through:
• Management of employee assumption and beliefs
• Management of employee attitudes
• Sharing values, debunking myths, and telling job stories
• Louisville Dryer is an approved OSHA General Industry, and OSHA Construction courses
• We maintain two onsite OSHA approved Instructors
• We maintain two onsite MSHA approved Instructors
• Employee Training and Motivation (at LDC, all employees hold the OSHA 10hr General Industry card)
• Field service team is led by OSHA 30hr card holders in general industry and construction.
• We are an approved training facility in the MSHA 48B training program
• Strong policies and procedures
• Supervisors’ priorities, responsibilities and accountability
• Production and the bottom-line pressures vs. quality issues
• Actions or lack of action to correct unsafe behaviors
• Employee involvement “buy-in”
Louisville Dryer has a strong behavior-based safety culture. We have two full-time MSHA and OSHA approved Instructors on staff who train employees and implement our safety plans.
And our Safety Team at Louisville Dryer is constantly evaluating at-risk behaviors and seeking better and safer ways to increase production and quality. We are experiencing low accident rates, low turn-over, low absenteeism, and a high productivity.
The facts speak for themselves: It shows in our Insurance modification rate which now hovers around .73, and we have 1.5 million man-hours worked with no lost-time incidents since 2012.
We are committed to our safety culture and we hope you join us in ensuring all links in the safety chain are secure and working together.