Safety is Important to Us.
THE LDC SAFETY COMMITMENT
We believe that a safety culture consists of shared beliefs, practices, and attitudes that exist in a company. We believe that the most important link in our safety chain is YOU: our employees and our customers. We achieve this through:
• Management of employee assumption and beliefs
• Management of employee attitudes
• Sharing values, debunking myths, and telling job stories
• Louisville Dryer is an approved OSHA General Industry, and OSHA Construction courses
• We maintain two onsite OSHA approved Instructors
• We maintain two onsite MSHA approved Instructors
• Employee Training and Motivation (at LDC, all employees hold the OSHA 10hr General Industry card)
• Field service team is led by OSHA 30hr card holders in general industry and construction.
• We are an approved training facility in the MSHA 48B training program
• Strong policies and procedures
• Supervisors’ priorities, responsibilities and accountability
• Production and the bottom line pressures vs. quality issues
• Actions or lack of action to correct unsafe behaviors
• Employee involvement “buy-in”
The facts speak for themselves: Louisville Dryer has a strong safety culture, and it shows in our Insurance modification rate which has decreased from 1.0 just three years ago. As a result of the Safety Program, it now hovers around .85. Our incident rate has dramatically decreased as well from three incidents in 2010, to two in 2011, and zero in 2012. The safety team at Louisville Dryer is constantly evaluating at-risk behaviors and seeking better and safer ways to increase production and quality. We are experiencing low accident rates, low turn-over, low absenteeism, and a high productivity.
We are committed to our safety culture and we hope you join us in ensuring all links in the safety chain are secure and working together.